- *Pieri, Zacharias and Jacob Zenn. 2017. “The Boko Haram Paradox: Ethnicity, Religion,
and Historical Memory in Pursuit of a Caliphate”, in Hentz, James and Hussein Solomon (eds.),
Understanding Boko Haram: Terrorism and Insurgency in Africa. New York and London.
- *Pieri, Zacharias and Atta Barkindo. 2016. “Muslims in Nigeria: Between Challenge and Opportunity”, in Mason, Robert (ed.), Muslim Minority - State Relations: Violence, Integration and Policy. London and New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Serrano, Rafael and Zacharias Pieri. 2014. “By the Numbers: The Nigerian State’s Efforts to Counter Boko Haram” in Pérouse de Montclos, Marc-Antoine (ed.), Boko Haram: Islamism, Politics, Security, and the State in Nigeria, Ibadan, Leyden, IFRA-Nigeria, Leyden University Press, Waposo Series, N°2.
- *Zenn, Jacob and Zacharias Pieri. 2017. “How Much Takfir is too much Takfir? The
Evolution of Boko Haram’s Factionalization”. Journal for Deradicalization. 11(3): 281-308
- *Deckard, Natalie and Zacharias Pieri. 2017. “The Implications of Endemic Corruption
For State Legitimacy in Developing Nations: An Empirical Exploration of the Nigerian Case”.
International Journal of Politics, Culture, and Society.
- Pieri, Zacharias and Jacob Zenn. 2016. “The Boko Haram Paradox: Claiming Dan Fodio for a Kanuri Caliphate”. African Security, 9(1)
- Pieri Zacharias and Rafael Serrano. 2014. “Insurgency Prolonged: Nigeria’s Lack of Strategic Adaptation & The Rising Boko Haram Death Toll”, West Africa Insight, May, Centre for Democracy and Development, Abjua.
- Pieri, Zacharias. 2014. “Anyone For Tabligh?” Critical Muslim, 10, pp. 101-113.
- Pieri, Zacharias; Woodward, Mark; Yahya, Mariani; Hassan, Ibrahim; Rohmaniyah, Inayah. 2013. “Commanding Good and Prohibiting Evil in Contemporary Islam: Cases from Britain, Nigeria and Southeast Asia.” Contemporary Islam, 8(1):37-55.
- DeHannas, Daniel and Zacharias Pieri. 2011. 'Olympic Proportions: The Expanding Scalar Politics of the "Olympics Mega-Mosque" Controversy.' Sociology, 45(5): 798-814. (view PDF)
- Githens-Mazer, J., Robert Lambert, Abdul-Haqq Baker, Safiyah Cohen- Baker and Zacharias Pieri. 2010. Muslim Communities Perspectives on Radicalisation in Leicester, UK, Centre for Studies in Islamism and Radicalisation: Aarhus Denmark. (view PDF)
Media Articles & Engagement
- 2017 – ABC News, Trump's directive on offensive airstrikes in Somalia could fuel terrorism recruitment, experts warn, 1 April.
- 2016 - Pieri, Zacharias. "What now for Tablighi Jamaat after death of leader?", Lapido Media, 20 February
- 2016 - International Business Times, "Presidential Election 2016: Guide To Candidates, Key Issues, Rules And Results". Interviewed by Morgan Winsor. 20 February.
- 2016 - International Business Times, 'Where Is Abubakar Shekau? Boko Haram Leader’s Absence Underscores Nigerian Military's ‘Failure’'. Interviewed by Morgan Winsor, 10 February.
- 2016 - International Business Times, 'ISIS, Al Qaeda In Africa: US Commander Warns Of Collaboration Between AQIM And Islamic State Group'. Interviewed by Morgan Winsor, 10 February.
- 2015 - ‘As St. Pete Pride interfaith service nears, some religious groups stay away’ Interviewed by Waveney Ann Moore, 25 June.
- 2015 - MISNA, ‘Boko Haram and Islamic State, Between Pledges and Reality’, Interviewed by Vincenzo Giardina, 13 March.
- 2015 - BBC World Service News: Newsday, Interview on links between Boko Haram and Islamic State, 9 March.
- 2015 - ara.cat, ‘L’amenca Jihasista: Boko Haram se subordina a l’EI’. Interviewed by Marta Rodriguez, 9 March.
- 2015 - The Washington Post, ‘In New Beheading Video, Boko Haram may be taking pointers from Islamic State’. Interviewed by Sarah Kaplan, 3 March.
- 2015 - L’Adigetto, ‘Le elezioni più incerte della storia della Nigeria’. Interviewed by Di Marco Cochi, February 2.
- 2015 - Les Temps, ‘Et, pendant ce temps, Boko Haram continue ses massacres’. Interviewed by Christine von Garnier, 21 January.
- 2015 - MISNA, ‘Boko Haram: Jihad is Local’. Interviewed by Vincenzo Giardina, 16 January.
- 2014 - Pieri, Zacharias, 'Analysis: Forced conversion their only Hope?', Lapido Media, 16 May.
- 2014 - Canadian Televison News (TV), Live News at 8pm. Interviewed on Boko Haran and the Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls. 12 May.
- 2012 - Tablighi Jamaat and developments surrounding the “mega-mosque Project”, The Sunday Programme, BBC Radio 4, 9 December.